View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Blt2Lst
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1966 Toronado Headers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw4508 View Post
Been searching everywhere for headers for my '66 Toro 425. Have about come to the conclusion there are not any out there, so have moved on to having a set built, but haven't had any luck getting replies to my requests for that either. There are header flanges out there, several sites, of course they can be made from gasket and stock manifold patterns, but the header design is screwy...up and over like the old mopars since the engine sits on the tranny, no clearance below. About thru with the major mods, custom interior, chopped it 4", shaved the handles, pop up lights mounted perm behind the grill. Anyway....just snooping for a header shop to work with. I'm in the Houston area, but don't mind traveling a bit or ordering online, and not really looking for a cheap job. Tried to upload a small pic....won't work. Building this Toro to show and need quality work....any leads out there?
Thanks......Mike
You could try a universal header kit that is sold by Jegs.
However I just looked and they do not have one with the Olds flanges.
You could get a set of Olds headers and cut the flange off and use with a universal kit to get started. Either way, it looks like a lot of work and $ if not doing yourself.

Also, you could call Mondello Olds and ask them since they specialize in Olds power.
http://www.mondellotwister.com/

Good luck.
1996 Suzuki RMX250

I'm a victim of circumstance [
Blt2Lst is offline   Reply With Quote