View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

electrically dead car

I have a 91 corolla. It will not start. The lights come on fine and everything. When you go to start it, all the lights and everything shuts off and the car makes no attempt to turn over. By wiggling on the cable on the battery, the lights come back on. The car never starts though. At first I thought battery corrosion so I clean the terminals and cables off. Still no start. I was starting to wonder about the positive terminal cable end. Its top post and the end of the cable I replaced years ago. Its one of those 3 dollar replacements they sell. Could this be the problem? I wasn't for certain but if I were to run a meter from the battery to the alternator or starter or maybe even the cable end itself and get 12V while the lights are on, if I do that when the lights shut off and everything dies while trying to start the car, would I still get 12V? Or should I not get the same reading because of the voltage short? IF, again, I say IF the cable end is the problem. Is there anything else I can try? Oh, and the battery was tested good at autozone.
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote