View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Re: German or Italian?

In the Italian automotive industry, there is mainly the Group Fiat S.p.a. which sales Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Lancia. La Fiat Spa has also a majoritary participation in Maserati and Ferrari. Then for Lamborghini, the make has been bought by Audi (the German Group VAG).
If you're looking for a job, the german market is more open than the italian one alas. I just finished my studies and am looking for a job. I thought seriously to work in Italy because I love the country and I learned Italian, the problem is that to find a job there, either you have a very tough experience, or you know some people overthere having already gret jobs (relations....).
In Germany, you've many more Groups : BMW, VAG (Audi, Volkswagen), DaimlerChrysler, Porsche, Wiesman (small), and also german makers owned by foreign companies : Opel (GM) and Ford (Ford !).

For the difficulty of the language (I speak Italian and German), I'd say that German is more difficult than Italian.... but I'm French, so speaking a latin language. For an English, I don't think taht there is a big difference.

Good luck though.

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote