View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
trucold
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to trucold
transmission or clutch failure of some sort

I live by Fort Campbell, KY and own a 03 gti 1.8T with a cold air intake and recently hit a puddle driving down the street. Once I hit the water my vehicle shut off and I assumed the "epic failure" of hydrolock. Had a buddy push me out of the puddle and into a close by parking lot. Later on conducted self recovery of the vehicle by towing and began removing the water from the intake pipping once I got it home. At this time no water had made it into the engine as the oil was not milky. The water was locked up in the intake, turbo and intercooler area. I knew I would have to get the oil changed anyway due to residue left so this was just a thing I knew I would have to fix anyway. The real problem starts here.....the vehicle started and ran rough thanks to the residual water entering the engine, the oil became milky and still np she runs great. Now the vehicle will not go into any of the gears. 5 spd manual. Could this be timing that is off, a clutch that went bad or what.....I am due to leave Ft. Campbell in less than a month and am at my whits end cause I can't even move the car. She is my baby and I do love her and don't want to scrap her out over something not so serious. Anyone please help.
trucold is offline   Reply With Quote