View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #7
demotim00
AF Regular

Re: '06 T&C Touring 3.8L Cylinder 3 misfire code for CEL Showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by demotim00 View Post
In case I didn't make myself to clear on my last post, I did go ahead and order the $20 coil. $21 and some change to be exact. Now just to wait for it to come in for me and my buddy can install it.
Well here an update so far. Coil pack has been ordered and am actually waiting for it to come in which in the next couple days. However, for some reason, unknown why or reasoning behind it, when my mom started up the van today to drive it, the check engine light was off and stayed off the entire time of driving it including several times of being stopped, turned off and restarted. Drove about 60 miles and check engine light never did come back on, so when she got home she told me, and we took it on down to Emission Testing and it Passed.......what a relief, don't have to worry about it for another 2 years now. I'm still going to go ahead and replace the coil pack when it comes in since I have no clue when it last been changed, and due to the mileage and all it probably could use it. Not sure whether or not the check engine light will stay off at this point and time or not but even if it does, I'm not so concerned about it now, so long the van continue running good and it has valid emissions.
demotim00 is offline   Reply With Quote