Thread: GSR or CR-V????
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 12:00 AM   #96
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Okay dude, I'm not gonna get into this past this post, because up until the last guy bought this thread uslessly back from the dead, this thread was pretty much dead. Look at the Dates. Other than the last guy's comment out of the blue, the threads been dead for 2 months. I am not saying you couldn't smoke him, racing has ton's to do with the driver. I am guessing you are a probably a pretty good driver. In general, low-end torque rules the streets. Most people will tell you that. The reason I said in general, is because a really good driver can compinsate for this quite a bit. I am guessing you are a good driver. He's probably shifting at a point that drops him out of his powerband, while your shifting at the optimimum point. That's why he maybe alunched a little better, cuz of the torque, but if he's not a good shifter, he's shifting at a point other than the optimum point, dropping him out of his powerband. The result, he ends up not properly using his power and torque. You end up using your power band, while he doesn't optimize his. But don't go calling torque a useless number. Low-end torque is what will pull you up that steep hill without having to high rev, and low end torque will pull you off that line quicker. Sure it'll will give you the quicker 60-ft. You even agree'd. You're right in the respect low end torque alone won't win you anything. Cuz after that 60-ft time and good start, if he doesn't shift properly, he's out of his power band, rendering his torque and power at less then optimal levles, while you juice your motor for every once it's worth. Driver for driver, though, I'll take the low-end personally.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote