View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 07:11 AM   #56
MikeMan
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
So thats you're response to damning evidence. "Dur, I still really don't believe you but I'll take your word for it because I'm not going to take thirty seconds to verify what you are saying for myself even though it's been all but spelled out in crayon for me." Denial is a bitch ain't it?
eh? I conceded. How can i be in denial when I accepted your evidence? I highly doubt that the q45 engine bay posted is zgringo's z32 engine bay. I tried to see the other side of the coin (because no one else here is willing to even consider it) but the more i look at it, the less likely it becomes of being legit. I concede this piece of evidence. You win. If you want an argument on this issue, you're not going to get one.

Quote:
If you aren't going to try and prove your point then don't bother posting.
I'll post whenever and whereever i want dickhead. Don't tell me what to do. The only person who can decide what gets posted here is Wes, and if he has an issue, he'll raise it with me. You need to get off your high horse and start treating me with the respect I have given you.

Quote:
The ebay picture verifying his claims is akin to me posting a picture of a 300ZX off the Nissan website and claiming thats proof I have one.
Yeah it was a bad choice of words. I didn't mean conclusively prove his story, but its actually something in his favour here. On an unrelated forum he mentions that he bought a vh45de off ebay. no picture is ever posted there of the engine.
Then on here he posts a picture of the engine but says nothing about ebay. Instantly you all assume he's talking shit because its an ebay picture. You're all jumping the gun without actually considering another side to the story.

Quote:
He joined AF over a year ago. As stated by K3 he's been doing this on other forums for quite some time and he has fabricated evidence before. So for all his years in the Air Force he is just going to make a profile there and not even bother to post?
So by him not posting it proves that he was never in the airforce? Are you saying that you can't possibly see how someone would sign up to a forum and not post? It seems farfetched that he would sign up to an airforce forum in anticipation of someone calling bullshit on him over a year later. He has never even said anything about afforums.com on here, so i doubt that was his motive.

Quote:
What's this bullshit about you don't have the motivation. Just one blip above this you said you would provide URLs to back up what your were saying. But now, when confronted by something that would again prove Zgringo was lying, you lack the motivation to do so?
I really don't have the motivation. He's a mate and I speak to him on skype occasionally but I couldn't care less if he doesn't ever come back here, nor if he thinks you're a dickwad or not.
Besides, I did try searching on google to find USAF records but after a few searches i gave up. Of course, you'd probably take that to mean that the USAF never existed.

Quote:
And wait, hold on, you're not his defense lawyer? Ho-ly shit you must not be reading anything you are writing! Look at what you are posting! "Well given the right circumstances, this thing doing that, a bowl of lucky charms and a full moon then he might not have pictures of anything." BULLSHIT! Why don't you actually start BEING objective like you claim you are and read both what other people have written and what you are writing. If he was who he said he was there would have been something, almost ANYTHING, that would have proved it and all he would have had to do is link that one little bit of evidence here it would have been settled. But no, instead he tries to bullshit with fake pictures and more lies and destroys what little credibility he had left.
I didn't even bother to read half of that rant, but I take it that you're upset that I'm considering the other side to the story. boo fucking hoo. I'm trying to bring objectivity into an otherwise subjective argument by exploring the opposite of what you believe. If you've got a problem with this, then you need to take up politics.

For most of the things I'm not even saying i believe one way or another, but I'm opening up the topic for further analysis. I'm not doing it for the sake of being argumentative, I'm doing it because its the fair and proper thing to do. Mate, if you want to go around taking pot shots at people then thats you're choice, but for the sake of a 'fair trial' I'm going to look at all sides of the argument.

Also, just because I don't specifically state that i acknowledge your evidence (even though I actually did regarding the q45 engine bay pic), doesn't mean i don't accept it. You raise very good points and it does seem very suspicious when they're all combined. However, looking at each piece of evidence on a case by case basis, I can think of other reasons why it may appear the way it does. In the cases that I can't, I concede, yet you don't seem to take too kindly to me doing that.

Quote:
No, trying to use bullshit to cover up bullshit doesn't work. And yeah, he claims to be Albert McCallson of San Felipe at 70 years of age, or at least thats what his AF profile said until he erased everything and moved to Bumfuck. Oh wait or is it 60 years old? Senility must be getting to him if he can't even remember that.
Also a good point. However, could have been a typo or he could have wanted to appear younger for his own personal reasons.

Quote:
Take it any way you want, getting involved at the level he claimed it was at does not mean you are going to be alright.
It seems fairly straightforward to me. About to blow the lid on something, forced to sign non disclosure agreement and advised to leave the country. That doesn't mean he's a wanted man.

Quote:
Sometimes the situation calls for getting worked up. If I'm going to call someone out I'm going to pursue the matter until no one is going to argue about it because if you don't do that then the matter just keeps coming back up. This shit is getting settled right here, right now so it DOESN'T come back up. If you want this to be dropped then I suggest you stop posting about it. He lied, he's a fraud, get over it. There is one person who can prove Zgringo is who he claimed to be and he ran away.
This is true, but theres also the possibility that he just doesn't care about his reputation on the internet. He's a 70 year old retiree (possibly). Chances are he couldn't care less about what you all thought of him. Just because he doesn't care about defending himself doesn't mean he's guilty. He's not really got anything to lose apart from the respect of 10 odd people who he's never even met before.

Quote:
And you are failing terribly. You can't be objective if you aren't going to even try and look at his side critically.
Why do I need to? You're already doing a good enough job of it. I'm trying to balance the discussion up.

Quote:
And please don't try to say that you aren't on his side because Zgringo has provided enough bullshit for this thread.
What sides? I'm taking each piece of evidence as it comes.

Quote:
And your what ifs are pretty far fetched. You're trying to say that years and years of heavily covered professional drag racing has yielded not one damn picture that he could have linked to. There is not one damn picture of anything he has done? No 300 mph stock body ride pictures?
I didn't have any pictures of my 300zx until i bought a digital camera. That doesn't mean it didn't exist up until then.

Quote:
No NHRA website with his Z listed?
It wouldn't appear so, but he does claim that he's got things in the NHRA museum. Unfortunately the website doesn't list whats actually in the museum. If anyone lives close to wherever the museum is, maybe they could check it out.

Quote:
No pictures of anything he didn't for the Air Force or Boeing?
You can't claim that. Neither of us have even looked. If photos did exist, I'm sure Al wouldn't have much more of an idea where they are than we would. He probably only uses the internet for forums and instant messaging.
Quote:
No flight roster with him on it? No drag racing pictures? No pictures of him on a beach in Mexico with his "girlfriend"? Thats bullshit.
All addressed as above.

Quote:
Here is an interesting point, how many times did he brag about his researching skills? Yeah he knows about Zs and the VH engine. Is that anything that can not be looked up on the internet? No, it's all there, and given all the different forums he was on and how much he was here he is obviously online alot. Wouldn't a professional drag racer with so many time consuming projects have better things to do?
There were clearly some things that he knew that you can only find out from experience. Whether they're his own experience or not, it would be hard to find out information like that on the internet. Also, he's retired. What else is there to do when you're retired? I see when he's online and when he's not through skype, and it only seems to be after about 9pm mexican time. I don't think he's online all day.

Quote:
If you didn't give a fuck about them then you wouldn't be in here defending them. If want you this place to be a dictionary with nothing but lists and tables of torque specs and stock ride heights then too bad. We're all here because everyone else is here. I don't know how much human contact you get but you can't have a member of a group that lies to everyone. If he wants to return he can either come in here with utterly irrefutable evidence of everything he said he has done or he can come back and apologize to everyone for being a pudwack then tell us who he really is.
Just before you were saying that I'm not going to enough trouble defending him. I told you I don't give a fuck about them. The only reason I'm still on this topic of conversation is because you've made it personal, and I'm here having to defend MYSELF now.

Quote:
If you are going to be in here arguing in his defense then you better be prepared to prove that he isn't lying. You are arguing in his defense without trying to prove it either way because you "don't care"? That is just half assed. You really need to make up your mind. Defend him or don't but don't try to straddle the fence by saying it's nothing that matters to you when it obviously does.
I just said I wasn't his defense lawyer. I also said I don't give a fuck. I take your advice, and I'll remember it if i decide to start defending him. Until then though, your advice is rather useless. You're putting forward one point of view, and I'm trying to put forward the opposite point of view is in order to balance the thread. I'm trying to take your subjective opinions, and by putting forward the notion of the exact opposite opinion, attempting to create an objective analysis. If you pay attention, it doesn't mean im defending shit.

Now I've just spent a good 30 minutes on this post, which is far more than what i was really prepared to commit to this worthless pissing contest and I'm going to bed.

-Mike

EDIT: Wes, let me know if you want me to clean this post up a bit. I think I got a bit overzealous with my use of expletives.