View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
iknowzitchaboutcrs
AF Newbie

Repair Shop Shenanigans?

Hi,

As the name states, unfortunately, I don't know much about cars other than how to drive one. I would like to ask for some help as to the information I've been given for a repair on my 2014 Subaru Forester. I'm searching to find out if this is at all possible, what the dealer is saying:

I brought the Forester it in to a dealer because I had 2 transmission error codes from a check engine light. The both referred to transmission. The dealer replaced the Transmission Body valve. 3 weeks later, I had a leak, brought it back to the dealer and they said it needed new Deferential seals. I agreed to the work. They replaced the seals, called back and said that someone else must have over torgued the transmission and cracked it and I need a new transmission. I mentioned that they worked on transmission last but they adamantly and said I probably brought it to a poor shop and when replacing the oil they unscrewed the wrong thing, realized it, and tightened the transmission screw(s) too much. Stupid question - is that mistake even possible? I don't know much about cars, but is the engine oil even near where you would drain the transmission fluid?

Thank you in advance.
John
iknowzitchaboutcrs is offline   Reply With Quote