View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #5
Ed_Strong
Son of a Mechanic

Re: Coolant "Y" Pipe & Bypass Pipe woes continue

I never knew you could add backing soda to the coolant, wish I would've known that little detail earlier. I've always heard about NOT running a rich antifreeze mixture so I've always kept it closer to 50/50 but always around at using more coolant that water to be on the safe side.
I'm seriously considering deleting the whole heater system. The crossover pipe part that goes into the lower manifold it of a much heavier steel than the rest of the Bypass pipe, so I figure I can just cut the thin pipe leaving just the heavier stub with the "O" ring in place and fill it with JB Weld blocking the flow. The metal "Y" pipe that goes into the water pump is a different story because it's made of all thin metal, so I have not decided on how to best plug the flow permanently.

Current Rides:
2018 Honda Pilot EX-L - 3.5L V6 -{|}- 2004 Toyota Matrix XR 4WD 1.8 I4

Past Rides:
2000 Ford Windstar LX - 3.8L V6 SFI - {|} - 2003 Ford Expedition XLT - 4.6L V8 SFI
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS - 3.5L V6 SFI - {|} - 1991 Chevrolet Corsica LT - 3.1L V6 MFI
1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE - 3.3L V6 MFI - {|} - 1980 Ford Mustang - 3.3L L6 1BBL

----------------------------------------------
Ed_Strong is offline   Reply With Quote