View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #54
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
So for a real discussion about GM cars we should head over to a GM biased site!? Sorry but people who buy a Camaro, or mustang were not the same people who would buy a Dodge Daytona Chrysler learned that the hard way in the 80's. Not everyone wants RWD for certain cars though they do. Luxury car buyers are not willing to spend $40,000 on an extended economy car chassis with all the bells and whistles. GM even realized that and returned Cadillac to rear drive. I don't know what awards they are winning left and right. As their quality levels have been on a constant slide. As far as blandness goes you're right Toyota and Honda both make bland cars too. Many new cars period are ugly or bland! Honda's truck is a joke it's a truck for those who don't want a real truck. The Tundra isn't that strong either, and the Nissan is ugly, yet honestly it's the second best truck in the fullsize market behind the F150 IMHO. GM is second in truck sales and yes they are number one in SUV sales (fullsize anyway). Yet you talk about Toyota being bland and their blandest vehicle is the Matrix, which GM turns around and sell as a Pontiac Vibe. You can get mad and tell everyone they are stupid for their opinions, yet sales at GM continue to decline and something is wrong there. Denial doesn't help that, and the fact that they just layed off 25,000 proud GM employees.
I'm simply saying go to GMInsidenews to research the future vehicles that will be coming from GM.

There is a market for both RWD and FWD. GM has many RWD vehicles in the pipeline, including a Camaro like vehicle.

I don't know where you got your quality facts but you may want to double check, GMs reliability and quality scores have been increasing, not decreasing.

In terms of plant quality:
Quote:
Of Toyota's eight plants, their best quality ranking is 16th. Of the top 10 plants for quality, GM has eight of the top 10 and four of the top five.
I also find this very funny:
Quote:
GM's lowest quality-rated vehicle is the Pontiac Vibe, assembled in California by - you guessed it - Toyota.
Source for above information

Source for information below

Quote:
Toyota and General Motors topped the auto industry in terms of the quality of their vehicles sold in the US market, according to a survey of new owners by JD Power and Associates.
Quote:
Japanese automaker Toyota earned 10 of the 18 top model awards while five GM vehicles were rated best in their class.
Also in the latest long term reliability Study GM ranked above average right up there with toyota:

It's funny how you say toyota and honda vehicles are bland, but yet you also criticize GM for making bland cars, while you don't mention toyota's and honda's bland styling as something bad with the design.

GM sales may be declining in the U.S. (in june their sales are up to over a 30% marketshare), but in canada and other key markets like China and India GM continues to improve sales. I believe GMs sales are growing in 6 out of the 7 key sales areas in the World.

As far as the lay offs, GMs employees get some of the best health coverage in the world the cost of the coverage is more than $2,000 per GM vehicle, more than twice the amount that toyota has to deal with. The unions refuse to negotiate with GM so this is what happens GM has to cut costs. GM workers are some of the highest paid in the industry.