View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 01:29 AM   #27
Frah2o
AF Newbie

Re: 1/8 VW GOLF GTI MK2 stance project - An italian job

I Finished the engine and my attention swing to one of my preferite parts of car: the exhaust system
Like on my real gti i deleted central an middle silincer to obtain a direct flow exhaust
I also deleted the oem twin tailpipes and added a big bore tailpipe like sport inox exhaust N group (like Bastuck sport auspuff)
I used the chassis as template to finf correct shape of my new exhaust system
I coated it with a first primer coat to check anything to rework. Then putty and a new paper sanding. Then i reprimered, i coated with white aluminium paint and a final smoke TS71 coat (specially in the first section of the system)
While I'm waiting the drying of exhaust paint, i redid all the brake lines fitted on underbody. I fitted the chassis grommet and i uses 1 mm metal wire for new brake lines. I self made new hydraulic joint for brake lines and i jointed them on new rear braking distributor.

I also added new selfmade alu clamps with bolts on exhaust, i added some weld lines.
I finished the work on manifold with thermal banding.
To reach the right color i painted it with a first coat of titanium gold and finally a smoke coat
Suddendly i used the tamiya powdwers to light the exhaust point (blu and red burn effect). I also lighted the tailpipe to simulate the heating due backfires.
I also wheatered the chassis heatshield and finally i fitted my full illegal exhaust system..[lol]

Frah2o is offline   Reply With Quote