View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 04:25 AM   #1
Audiobahn77
AF Enthusiast

Squeak or squeal????

Just wanted to say Hey again and let you all know that I purchased an 03 type-s with 22k miles and has been modified with tein adjustable suspension, dc sports manifold, comptech exhaust, AEM intake, slotted/drilled rotors.
My problem that I'm having. The car doesn't make the noise when I start it up (when the engine is cool)...but as soon as it warms up above the "Cold" mark, the car will make a faint belt sounding squeal and a rather loud squeak/squeal when I shift (like when I'm releasing the torque from the front wheels and then re-applying the torque). The easiest way to get the noise is to tap the gas pedal on and off while the car is moving at slow speeds. The sound is definitely coming from the engine compartment. I get a little squeal from the belt area when I shut off the car too.
The best way to DESCRIBE THE SOUND.....imagine a belt spinning on two or more pulleys and when you apply torque, one of the pulleys isn't spinning as fast and the belt is spinning faster causing a squeal. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm not saying that is the problem...rather that is the best way to describe it. I took it to an Acura dealer and they said its the suspension without even looking at it in detail. They told me to take it to someone who specializes in aftermarket suspension systems. It doesn't do it when I go over speed bumps unless the car jerks due to the torque either being applied or released. The dealer also said it could be a bushing. It almost sounds like belt or metal to metal rubbing. The belt appears to be in good shape and is tight, so I don't think that it is too loose. Any Suggestions????

Thanks!
Audiobahn77 is offline   Reply With Quote