View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #1
Patrick T
AF Newbie

Questions on Terrano differential, transfer case and drain/fill plug remover tool

Hello All!
I have an early 4wd Terrano (WD21) with a Z24 engine. I apologize as the only 4wd vehicle i`ve owned (and still do) is an old misubishi-willys, japanese version of the cj3b, so i`m not thoroughly "modern" and still know little about 4wd`s in general.

So on to my questions: 1) Is there anyway to know if my front diff is the R180A or the R200A? And if my rear diff is the H190A, the C200, or the H223B?

2) I wanted to replace the transfer case and differential oil. The rear diff is easily visible and so easy to change. But i cant see the front diff. I assume its hidden by some kind of gravel plate? If so, is the plate easy to remove?

3) As far as the transfer case, i believe i located what would be either the drain or fill plug (cant remember if it was directly below the transfer case or higher up behind). In any case, i only located one plug. For good measure, could anyone pls tell me anyway where both transfer case plugs are located? Pictures would be even better .

4) Anyone know the exact size of the square shaped allen tool used for removing the fill/drain plugs (is the hole in fact just a plain square hole)? I asked as they are impossible to get over here in my part of the world and so resorted to a machine shop to make one for me (importing one would take some time, not to mention the exorbitant taxes i would have to pay over here), cheap labor over here . Thank You very much! P.S. Pls dont get confused by the year of my terrano, these are really just the first generation terranos.
Patrick T is offline   Reply With Quote