View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 malibu stalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd424 View Post
sorry it has taken a long time since my last post i have been unable to drive my car to get codes from autozone my egr was a delco i think brand new i have checked regulator and vacuum and everything looks ok. my car however is down now due to alternator.

here is where im getting mad it was charging then out the blue it wouldnt on n off for days finaly it does nothing so i replaced it twice now i get 12.22 vdc at battery and 1.6 vdc at alternator i ohmed out charging wire to to 5.9 ohms i really dont get it

and now my service vehicle soon lite is on and gotta hold key and crank sumtimes for 10 second just to start it even had to pat gas once cause it was shutting back off. it seems to be electrical to me either cuz i just dont know enough or cuuz i just wish it was one problem

i have no idea what to do i know i dont have alota tech info cuz i cant get car to drive without alt working my battery is toast now wont hold charge ide appreciate a point in the rite direction

edit: also i did check battery to engine ground it was .8 ohms
What wire did you use to check voltage at the alternator the large one. The connections for the battery to engine ground should be cleaned should be .4 ohms or less. Does the battery light come on when you go to start the car. The one in the message center. On my 2000 Silverado this bulb excites the field for the alternator.
If your not getting voltage take it to an alternator shop and have it tested.
Please supply more information.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote