View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #52
ohmmoto
AF Newbie

Talking Re: 94 Nissan Pickup Won't Start

Right on, with the ground wire problem. shorted the ccs [ couldn't get it off to replace] ; plus it helps to have the solid body ground from the strap [mentioned above; way cool] to the rear of the starter on transmission. mine are rotted inside and do not work electrically. relays can be checked with a couple wires and a volt/ohm multimeter.

while you are in there, check the ground for the alternator [to the block] if you can you can save yourself a misdiagnose for an alternator failure. when you have these electrical problems they spread throughout the system through *dirty electricity.

great suggestion about taking the tire off. mine is lifted so it did not matter.
my way for the starter top bolt is to use a boxwrench [yes, the tom and jerry kind] for the top bolt 14mm/closed end. coolant lines are kind-of in the way.

i undo the top bolt first taking it off and the reverse installing.

took the starter off and bench tested it on the battery, be careful!
I should have done this when the starter was on the car but I could not even see the wires I was dealing with and their condition. very strong cranking amp electrical hazard! the solenoid is bad, and the motor is pretty bad as well.

thanks everyone for this! i will update.

for search :

88 4cy 2.4L z24 tbi
88 nissan d21 truck king cab [XE] 2door
ohmmoto is offline   Reply With Quote