View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
KevHw
AF Enthusiast

Re: Revell Ferrari 365 Boxer 1:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
The seperate headlights are part of the original kit but alas, since I started the build I had lost the parts that go inside them so all that's there are the pop up pods themselves.
The parts had awful fitment anyway...

As for the photos I'm torn between the more realistic result of taking the shot from further away using a narrower angle and the dramatic distortion of getting in close with a macro.
As you can probably tell, the 3/4 diagonal shot is my new favourite although that could just be just be because of the "wedginess" of the car in question.

Mostly, I go with the shot that looks closest to what a 1:1 shot would look like.

I've read that some people prefer to use a wider angle lens and then a smaller aperture but I've found that this doesn't work too well on a little pocket camera that has limited f-stop and more sever distortion from the teeny tiny ccd.
I suppose on the plus side, the pop-up headlights won't distract from the sleekness of the body .
Using wider-angled lense plus small f-stop would not be something I'd think of for model photography, purely as the small f-stop would give the least dof. Ideally, a large f-stop would be good to make sure the entire body is in focus, not just the wing-mirror. Anyway, I don't want to head too off-topic. Congrats again on your build.