View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #1
AF Newbie
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Allendale, Michigan
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need some consults on cosmetic repairs

I bought a 1971 Plymouth Fury II, 2 door hardtop and it is in need of some dire cosmetic work. The Vinyl is ripped and stripping off the top of the car, which also has some leakage when it rains so the seat gets wet, and all 4 pillars are rusted through right next to the windows. The under body is pretty much consistent of rust so much so that there is a hole that you could pass a watermelon through on the driverside floor. I am seeking advise on the top replacement at first, seeing how that's what people are going to first notice, is a replacement or a conversion going to be my best bet? I thought of making it a permanent convertible but I was told that it would drastically impair the overall structure of the car, and with the rusted frame already I am concerned that the whole thing would just fold over.
Checkerknight is offline   Reply With Quote