View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
r/t brian
AF Newbie

replaced alternator, still problems!! Help Anyone?

1995 neon sohc

On sunday i started the car to let warm up cause of the cold. It warmed up for about 15min and then i jumped in and turned the lights on and i noticed the interior lights where pretty dim. So i took it for a drive and the radio shut off, all guages would jump at idle.

BTW 185,xxx on it but its still a decent car.

Decided it was the alternator not charging, replaced it and i get the same problems. Could it be a possiable bad new alternator or could something else caused this?? I read through a bunch of threads noticing people having problems with the car stalling after it warms up but nothing with the car not holding a charge after it warms up....those people seemed to have replaced the crank position sensor but would this have anything to do with the car holding a charge??

I cant get to the car til the weekend so im hoping someone can help me out before then.

When i get home this weekend im gonna try to disconnect the battery while the car is running to see if the new alternator is bad, i dont know any other test to do. I do have a scanner which i shoulda used in the first place to check codes so ill do that also.

Thanks for reading
Brian
r/t brian is offline   Reply With Quote