View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
CharlesJones456
AF Newbie

Headrest question for car purchase

Newbie here, but I'm betting this question does not come up often. This concerns a new car purchase.

Due to an injury some years back, I have some neck/upper back issues. As a result, I really need a car where the headrest is not too far forward. (That is, to be comfortable, I need to be able to lean my head relatively far back.)

Problem I'm having with a lot of cars I'm looking at is that the headrests are set at a forward angle that is way too far forward for me. (Also have this problem when I'm out of town and trying to rent a car!)

So, to get my new car search going, I need to identify a brand or model that either:
1. Has the headrests angle somewhat further back than seems to be standard. Or....
2. The angle of the headrest can be significantly adjusted. But of course, the adjustment had to be very solid, so that in the event of an accident, the head holds at the selected angle.

I had been looking at Volvos -- safety is very important to me -- but I found their headrests are way too far forward for my condition. So any suggestions on overall brands, or specific models, would be really helpful.

FYI, I have not yet settled on whether I'll be buying a 4-door mid-sized sedan, or a small SUV or similar. Also not sure about my price range yet, could be anything from $15K up to $35K. But for starters, I need to find something where the headrests are relatively far back!

Thanks in advance for all leads.

CJ
CharlesJones456 is offline   Reply With Quote