View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #504
deadwing
AF Newbie

Re: whats the rarest car you've seen on the street?

it was about july 2005, and i was working in a mercedes store as a detailer in sarasota, fl... my step-dad was the GM at the time... now it was common for us to get to drive the top of the line SL500 turbo (i think thats what it was called, im not much for cars) but one day he asks me if i want to meet Nelly, the rap star... now im not much into that genre, an on top of that i got to meet stephen king the week prior after detailing his wifes car at the toyota store, so i wasn't really interested.... then his car came through, an my step-dad about shot me in the face when i got behind the wheel of it an pulled it around, not knowing what it was... i got to drive a MAYBACH... an i must tell u, that it has some of the most elaborate pointless crap that NO ONE should need... example: on the roof, there is a solar panel linked to an internal temp. sensor... now when ur not in the car, engine off an everything, if the interior gets too hot, the car will (powered by those solar panels keeping the battery charged, an the A/C cool) it will close all the shades, tint the windows out, an turn on the A/c so that the internal temp. is kept comfortable for your arrival back into the car upon ur return.... holy crap, unnessecary... but still, thats the rarest car that i got to drive, an see for that matter, but i wouldve much rather been able to drive a ford gt concept or a corvette instead... but i never saw a gt concept at the ford store, an i never worked at the chevy store...
deadwing is offline   Reply With Quote