View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #14
rockfan0005
AF Newbie

Re: Good cheap muscle car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphix
Thanks for the help everybody. Sorry that I failed to mention that I plan on buying one of these as a project car that my dad agreed to help me fix with the 3 grand for funding the project. So hopefully most flaws of a car with 100,000+ miles on it will be removed and if not I plan on doing all repairs. But if most cars like the third gen camaro and such dont do well and ice and gas mileage and the other things mentioned what would be a good performance car?
Well if your main two things that you want are gas mileage and doing well with the ice, then I would suggest a front weel drive car with a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder.

I guess a good all around car for you to balance it out would be a car with a v6, probably front weel drive (to handle ice). See the trouble is with the kind of things you want the car cant really be all of it, like if you want it to be fast then its not gonna get very good mpg, and faster cars are usually RWD, but they don't handle as well on ice.

I would still suggest the 3rd gen camaros, they may not be the most reliable, but there as cheap as hell and though they aren't the best on the road for snow, you can throw snow tires on it and it should handle just fine. And for their speediness they do get really good gas mileage.

EDIT: you could do something more mutual like something with a v6 (good amount of power but balanced with pretty good gas mileage), front wheel drive. Like for example I drive a Pontiac Grand Am because I wanted something fairly mutual with gas mileage and power and it handles well because its a front weel drive.
SLP Exhaust System
DHP PCM
rockfan0005 is offline   Reply With Quote