View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #50
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn
eckoman-i'm from western ny. i'm very meticulous about my car so i keep it very clean, but everyone knows that accidents happen. so i'll try to get ahold of this stuff. how much are we talking for this microseal? and what kind of life difference(of the fabric) would occur? if i can't get ahold of it, would scotchgaurd be better than not using anything at all? i'll call around and see what local upholstry shops are here. i know my friend had his seats done somewhere local so i'll have to ask him and then i'll see if they sell just fabric. out of curiousity, have you done your own upholstry? when i first cam across that site i was going to use vinyl but was steered away from it by my aunt who is like an expert sewer, she said sewing vinyl is not very easy and the stress/weight put on it will cause the seams to act like a perferated line and just tear apart. she suggested i find something else.
anyways, get back to me soon.

thanks again
If you can't get ahold of the microseal, re-applying scothcgaurd WILL be better than having nothing would be, but it's not permantant, so re-apply it every month or 2 would be my suggestion. I am not sure "exactly" how long scotchgaurd lasts, a lot depends on the traffic the area see's, etc...if you end up using a cleaning product on the interior, it will re-move the scotchgaurd as well, so re-apply it to the area. I am not sure of the exact costs of microseal, I got a bit free once, so I never really looked at the cost on that. I have not done my own upholstery yet....I don't want to re-cover the stock seat, it sucks ass and the padding is worn a bit, plus is looks dorky. I could re-build the padding I suppose, but I'd rather get new seats. So I am weighting to do my own seats until I get new ones. If I get integra seats I'd probably do it to the seats....but I have my heart set on the burgadny and black recarosude sport seats....and then after getting thoses I'll recover the backseat to match. I mean, I really havn't had the time laterly to do anything that is an in-depth project on my car...seeing as I need it to get to work and back, then college classes and finals, and now the holidays. I might do it when things die down a bit. The life difference between with and without a microseal itself really might not be much...I am, the streghth, ply, and thickness of the fabric is the same....In the end though, it will hold up and look better in the long run, due to the added protection if gives.....and if you ever spill a red soda, like code red...on your new seats, trust me, You'll be glad you applied this stuff...red dyes stainscan be damn near impossible to completly re-move, a lot of the time you end up having to have it re-dyed to cover it.