View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
klein444
AF Newbie

Update on battery and question about alternator and voltage regulator

Great news!
I pulled a good battery from another vehcile and it cranked right up with none of the strange behaviors mentioned above. Ran great and took all the loads of fan on high, bright lights etc...

Put old battery back in and same no start and same LCM clicking and relay under hood clicking symptoms.

Good battery back in and no problems - put old in one more time and same results. Put good one back in and moved car to shade tree for later today.

the whine in the AM radio is now very faint and I am wondering if it means the alternator is on its way out?

With the car running @ idle it jumped up about 2 volts. I did not have a chance to idle it up and run with accessories to see if it is overhcraging or not. The alternator under the hood itself makes no noise and I have a new belt and tensioner on.

Do voltage regulators go out on these cars?

I'm going to be using as a daily driver and am wondering if I should replace the alternator and voltage regulator along with the battery today. I really don;t want to if I do not have to since the alternator and voltage regulator would be about $200 for both.....

I appreciate your help. I never would have thought something as simple as the battery since it had volts and all the other weird symptoms. You have educated me - THANK YOU!

GOD BLESS

john
klein444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klein444 For This Useful Post:
nelli82669 (04-13-2014)