View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 05:14 PM   #79
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Re: Engine swaps we like and hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS1988
It was a joke. Guess my sarcasm doesn't translate well into the internet.

Like I said, I have no real problem with V8 swaps in RX-7s. If you have the money to do it, by all means, do it. I was just stating that I have a bit of love for the Rotary engine, if you or any others don't, that's perfectly okay with me. Not like it's gonna kill me or anything. Everyone has their opinions about cars, to each his own.

And, you're right, it doesn't have to be rotary powered, that's up to the owner of the car. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, I was just stating my opinion.
Ok. OTOH, there's no reason to assume that because someone like me put a V8 in their RX7 that they have no love for rotaries. I've owned an R100, RX2, 2 RX3s, a couple first gen RX7s and a 2nd gen RX7 that I autocrossed successfully for a year before doing the V8 conversion (when the stock engine died. And ironically I put the V8 in it because I didn't have the money to rebuild the stock rotary, much less make it have any sort of power...). I've put rotaires in non rotary cars and crewed for both an SCCA rally team with an RX2 and an IMSA RS team that campaigned an RX3 and a rotary powered Formula Libre.

And I'm just stating my opinion when I say that people who make inaccurate and rude comments about V8s in RX7s simply don't know what they are talking about.

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote