View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #26
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Re: For those who have built Tamiya Z34 (370Z)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpeed View Post
Well, I'm sorry that I insulted you in any way and it wasn't directed towards you. Just to let you know, I work with cars both as a hobby and career so I believe I do know my way around cars. That and I have several friends who own a 370Z. Plus, if you knew how cars are designed and functions, it's pretty much self explanatory if you look at the picture how a signal bulb will look like in a headlight. Just saying.

If you think you know more about cars than me, than please, let's test that out.

drunken monkey You're right in a way. I think I know a lot of stuff about cars then I take credit for. I'm here to help so if any of you guys have questions regarding a certain car, ask away. If I don't know, I'll admit it, BUT I will find that answer for you. All I'm saying is that if you know your way around cars, the mechanics, and design, it's pretty straight forward what each part of the car does and where each different parts are located.

In no way was my comment meant to disrespect members here. You have to forgive me though, I tend to say things pretty straight forward and it's hard to grasp the feeling of my comment on the internet.

Oh and, here's a pic reference of the signal bulb turned on.

Funny to see how modesty is the principal quality of "those who know" and are here to teach us but I'll take consideration of your excuses and let you the doubt benefit, because I have to be a nice guy if I want t obe treated like a nice guy !

Nevertheless, contempt and arrogance wasn't probably you intention but that's was pointing out such way to qualify other people... I don't know how much you know or pretend to or other pretend it for you, great, sincelrely I don't care because I don't want to have to judge in any way or form, but you don't know me either, so don't judge me neither!
You should remember a thing: you surely wasn't born knowing all your knwoledges, so you learnt, and if you did someone had to teach you things. Hopping for you it wasn't with so much arrogance I (wrongly ?) saw in your answer...

And contrary to what you seem to understand I'm not pretending I know more things than you on cars, butI surely know some things you don't, and if you wanna test no problem, but I'm not talking about mechanic, which is another section of the forum, we aren't here to build real cars, I don't care how works the real car more than what every "normal" person knows, that doesn't build my models which have to stay models, and when I need more or want to go further I ask, exactly as Cris did here, even if it seems ridiculous for those who knows (which is the precise base of respect !)
but I probably know more things about cars history or brands than the common people and was respected for that on other french forums, but most of all, respected because I never treated bad those who knows less than myself and always share with pleasure and always without any arrogance or contempt or self sufficiency...
And that's what (justified or not) I found in your answer... I saw it only as an answer of someone who wanted to show how much more he knows compared to others complete ignorants...

there is a african proverb I better know in french and which translation is over my english skills (hidden sens behind words) but you may try it, it says:
"pour être grand il faut savoir rester petit"

And don't worry or doubt, we always are the idiot of another scientist !
(which shouldn't perfectly mean the french sens too but must be undertandable)

That's the main key point of any knowledges share and teach, well it's how I see things myself...
Even if I should be called last humanist on earth

I never learnt so much anywhere else than here on AF, and I also always shared all I could/can, and I can assume nobody could say I did it with arrogance or contempt, or even to show how I know (I confused so often too and make mistake, as everybody)...
the only thing I hope/wait/need, especially while trying to help (shall I remain you I was trying to help Cris, and finally brang the right answer ?? not bad for a complete ignorant, uhh ?? ) is the same respect and consideration.
that's all.
I'm ot here to compete on my skills or knowledges blah blah blah but to have fun and spend nice moments of passion....

But if you're so much a car bible and just for fun (I swear just for fun) what could you tell me about that car ? dfo you even recognize it ? it has a special name which history you could tell us...

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote