View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
hojna15
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hojna15 Send a message via MSN to hojna15 Send a message via Yahoo to hojna15
Talking Re: Newbies:Importing ~ your questions answerd!

I know there's plenty of ideas tossed around here for ways of importing skylines and all, but i think i have one that might work, not sure though. I live in michigan and found an importing company in british columbia, canada. Now heres what i was thinking, if I were to buy the skyline there and trailer it to a storage depot, ya know the lil renta garage things, and spent like a week seperating the body, drivetrain, and suspension, then transporting them back to my house and put it all back together there. Because what im thinking is that im only bringing back parts into michigan, and then putting together a car (title and state it as a kit car), and even still my reason for driving it would be for track use only, and maybe shows, but it would be trailered to the events, but if i wanted to, in the NHTSA documents it states i believe that your allowed 2600 miles a year for that vehicle to be driven on the roads to events ONLY. let me know what you guys think, im dyin to tryin and ive prolly got another year or maybe less til i can start lookin more seriously to buy one but, i thought id get everyone's opinions on it. Below is the qoute that got me thinking bout the whole idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by embominator
I cant belive no one can figure out how to bypass motorx or any other RI. I spent about 4 weeks finding out this info then bought the car. If you buy for example 1994 Skyline from any company in Japan(as I did) tell them to disassemble it $200-400 US and send it in peices suspension, engine, tranny removed that way when you go to customs your picking up car parts not a whole car then no problems just pay duties for parts and GO!, the body of the car came in a BIG BOX cost $200 for box alone and the engine, tranny, and suspension and wheels in another box 2 weeks later . So you ask how do I get it legit well take your "CAR PARTS" and put them together whaa laa A "KIT CAR IS BORN" GO TO DMV AND REGISTER THE CAR AS A KIT CAR as I did wow thats
it. NOW YOU HAVE A LEGIT SKYLINE! 100% legal! PERIOD! This works for any japanesse car not ever made for the USA-no civics, NSX, Supras ect. or any of the cars you see here in the USA. Here is the links for the EPA and where I bought my car: PLEASE PLEASE READ ALL INFO!!!

http://www.japan-partner.com

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/kitcar.htm

READ CAREFULLY YOU CAN DO IT 100% LEGALLY!!!!!!!!

PS: I am not selling or in anyway trying to make money, I just want to help make peoples dreams come to reality-for free! ALL INFO IS FREE OF CHARGE!! DONT PAY MOTORX OR ANYONE ELSE 15-35 GRAND, DO IT YOURSELF LEGALLY! Not too put down motorx but 15-35K no thanks. I know there has been alot of BS and scams and whatever, I am not here to BS or scam, I dont want a cent. Anyone
who nows how to read and understand will see.

Total cost for my car:

1994 Skyline GTS-T $2400 FOB
Disassembly $250
Box for car body $200
Shipping for cars body to longbeach, ca $1100
Flight and U-HAUL to pick up car body in CA $750
Shipping for Engine, Tranny and suspension to Texas $800
Customs duties 2.5% of total price of parts-$2400 = $60
Registration and inspection in Texas about $110
Labor to put car together- FREE did it myself.
TOTAL COST- $5670 for my 1994 Skyline GTS-T 100% legal as a kit car!
It worked 100%.

I will try answer your posts. Thanks for reading.
hojna15 is offline   Reply With Quote