View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
matthewhudson
AF Newbie

Exclamation fuel depressurization but fuel lines & pump seem ok

When I was doing some routing maintenance on my car I had to jack the front end up. I had the jack placed properly under the frame of the car and while pumping it up to an elevated position noticed a hissing noise. It sounded like a tire slowly leaking. It wasn't loud. There was no pop. Then I looked up at the front of my car and it looked like it was overheating. However, the steam was predominantly coming out of the very front of the car. I hadn't driven the car in 2 days. I immediately thought I had punctured a brake or fuel line so I double checked where I had put the jack. There were no fuel lines or brake lines on the driver's side where I had jacked it up. I triple checked. It was on the frame and the brake lines and fuel lines were on the other side of the car entirely. I decided to finish the brake job I was doing and when finished I tried to start the car. To my dismay the car turned over and over but never started. I checked my fuel lines and couldn't find any leaks. I couldn't smell any gas at all even after trying to start the car a few times. I had someone turn the key while my head was in the trunk listening for the fuel pump to kick in. I could hear it kick in every time. I took the cap of the port for checking the pressure and pushed on the pin that looks like a bicycle valve. It squirted gas into my face 3 feet away. I finally smelled gas but the car just won't start.

Any ideas before I take it in?
matthewhudson is offline   Reply With Quote