View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #29
tri-power
AF Regular

Re: Signed Paperwork, Can dealer do anything ?

I think you had better take the offensive now. If you have an auto loan with your bank, mean you have a lein on your title, you should inform them that their investment has been tampered with by the dealership. I don't know how it is in your state, but a car can't be registered or tagged without a certificate of title issued. So you might want to contact your DMV to see if your car is in violation then inform them of your dealership problems. If you find this to be the case, you should file a case in court against them for fraud or contract breech. Lastly I'd file a complaint with the BBB and the state attorneys office against them. Reguardless wether or not you owe them, they should not be able to hold a legal document against you.

The only other thing I'd say to do is agree to void the contract and have both your check and your original car returned. I"m willing to bet both the check and car are long gone by now. I know mostnew car dealers in this state usually only keep used cars on premises if they are 5 model years or less old. The rest usually go to auction houses.

I'm willing to bet this guy is all over you because it's coming out of his pocket, so he'll hound you till he gets it back. Because of this, I'm sure going to the manager of the dealership will 'Not' help. Id suggest he make all of his correspondence to you in writing by mail only. Including the withholding of your title. That way if what he's doing is illegal, you have mail fraud to fall back on.

I'm sure if they had any legal recourse, they would have played it by now. I"m sure they realize that they can't hold the title, or else they could get you for GTA. Hold steadfast and don't give in.
tri-power is offline   Reply With Quote