View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #28
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

Re: floating the gears good or bad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryhson1
Sry guys but i think i am going to have to go with Stickin_It_2_Em.... i mean he does know what he is talkin about.He developed his own thought by lookin into what the clutch and trany ACTUALLY do and came to a good conclusion rather than just saying what everyone else says. It like how they used to say situps where good for you when really they F'ed up you back and didnt do anything for zones 1 and 3. PLUS i think experience says alot. How many times has he had to change his trany???

Just because he approves of what you are doing to your tranny doesn't mean his arguement is more valid than anyone elses. It is the answer you WANT to hear and so naturally it is the answer you are more prone to accept.
Nascar drivers float their gears eh?
Any Idea how much they build up their motors and transmissions?
they have to have the must durable equipment they can to last the duration of the race so thats all well and good if your car is specifically built for racing.
BUT Guess what, stock 3g's are not dedicated racecars with bullet proof transmissions!

I'm not trying to discount what anyone is saying here. Both Stickin and Legion make interesting points but really when it comes down to it I would much rather lessen the chance of messing up the transmission because god forbid you do screw up then it could deal a fatal blow to the life of your transmission and who wants that?

We are just trying to help by suggesting you use the clutch instead because lets face it if you test 2 of the same cars and shift one with the clutch and float gears on the other, the one who floated the gears will most likely have his transmission go before the other's.
PearlGT is offline   Reply With Quote