View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #17
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Re: Water bubbling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiccokaiser1 View Post
Radiator it's not hot everywhere but mostly at the top close to the inlet hose. Going down with my hand i feel it gets cooler but I don't know if this is normal (due to fan) or not.
The radiator flows from top to bottom, just like it's 1966 again. Cross-flow radiators became almost universal for awhile, then GM goes back to downflow on the Trailblazer radiators for some silly reason. Yes, the radiator will be hottest at the top, and cooler as you go down to the lower rad hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekat View Post
Just because it is lower does not mean it is flowing the opposite direction. It may be a thermostat issue. But the coolant heats in the engine until the thermostat opens flowing into the radiator and back through. Look on Youtube. Bunch of thermo replacement videos for your trailblazer.
Not sure that's accurate. I thought the thermostat was on the inlet side of the water pump--backwards from "normal" practice.

I'll have to dig through the shop manual to see what's up with that. It just seems really screwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiccokaiser1 View Post
Seen a video.. not a fun job.. The guy replaces it with a new one but I would like just to take valve out as a test. Do you know if old thermostat comes off the alu pipe and I can still put it back on with its O ring but as an empty pipe?
I suppose you could rip the thermostat out of the pipe...but it's not intended to be removed. Companies make more money when they can sell the entire housing instead of the $5 thermostat. You'll be buying a new thermostat/housing assembly if you remove the thermostat from the housing you have.

Are you having any problems with the thing running? If you drove it for two hours, would it be boiling over with you stranded on the side of the road?

What is the anti-freeze concentration?

Are the fins of the A/C condenser folded-over, or filthy? When I replaced the fan clutch on my Trailblazer, I blew compressed air backwards through the radiator fins and the condenser fins. I was really surprised at how much dirt was hiding in the air fins.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote