View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 08 Impala Trans Slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08chev08 View Post
HI. I have an 08 Impala SS, 35k miles...started getting a trans slip from dead stop, usually when vehicle is 'warming' (in Minnesota). Took to dealer twice, they can not find any codes, and I cannot reproduce 'on the spot' for them. They have reprogrammed ebcm, and most recently replaced tranny lines (they said there was some evidence they were leaking....(but fluid was full). Well occassionally, still getting slip in first gear. Frustrating, love the car, and it is like new, never abused. Dealer won't help if no tranny code is showing on diagnostics. Looking for 'Sarah' from GM customer service? she has posted here prior...offering assistance...anyone have any ideas? What to do with this car?
slipage on cold engagement is usually a pressure problem. I would bring to a transmission shop that is recommended and have them replace the filter/fluid and check for proper pressures.

ONLY USE DEXRON VI FLUID !

keep all paper work and results found.if defects are revealed then go to the dealership for corrective action.

as mentioned the failure drive train codes are not 100%. with no codes and they not making pressures checks is a way out to correct the issue.

dealerships do not repair transmissions. they send out for repair to the cheapest repair contactor.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote