View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #44
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: Slight miss at idle...'99 Windy 3.8L

Your Welcome, i just hope that if i need assistance that someone maybe able to help me as well. i did manage to figure out what the issue was for my escape and after laying on my back for the better part of 2 hours,getting the WRONG parts and having to purchase new ones and having issues with my wrist to the point where i could no longer grip a wrench, it seems that the oil pressure switch that ford put in the most annoying place BEHIND the a/c compressor and they only give you enough room to fit a ratchet wrench on it but i did use a normal wrench on it and was only able to turn it a 1/16 of a turn..... i was thinking that i should have installed a makeshift relocation kit so it was easier to get at the next time if i need to put a pressure gauge on it. but yes these new vehicles are a little more of a challenge to diagnose especially when they cram as much into so little space, so that you need to remove quite a portion to get at the simplest things (spark plugs windstar needs the upper intake and wiper cowl and motor to get the rears)