View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 03:21 PM   #145
crayzayjay
CFA

1. I didnt accuse you of ranting on about lateral g's, its something ive come across many times elsewhere on AF.

2. Thanks for explaining the concept of constant variables to me, its something i'd never managed to understand throughout my advanced physics courses... so thats what they mean by fair testing eh?
To the point -> high performance cars use high performance tyres that the manufacturer chooses to optimise the car's performance. You're simply going to have to accept that one may be marginally better than the other or vice-versa. Either way, these are supposed to be the best tyres that extract the best performance out of the car, so the cars are achieving their optimum pace. The lateral g comment i made indicates that the Z06 has very grippy rubber indeed, so if anything, its tyres are grippier than the Modena's, as ive read some American articles stating that the Z was the grippiest car theyve ever tested, reading an issue of evo i picked up yesterday, the C5 is described as all road-holding, no handling. You get the point.

3. So Chevrolet tests the CTS on the ultimate track but not their primary performance model, their pride, the Corvette. Likely.
Besides, the C5 laps in 8mins 40, its on the link i posted earlier. And thats the very best time it managed out of many many laps. It takes more than a hundred laps of the nurburgring to get anywhere near quick enough reaching those times. Im in no doubt that you'll keep questioning the ability of the driver who hustled the vette around the ring in that time, but ill tell you anyway, its quite an achievement reaching that time. Look a few places above it and you'll see a Nissan GTR V-Spec piloted by none other than Dirk Schoysman. Only 3 seconds quicker. Nuff said. Believe what you want to, but no matter how better the Z06 is than the C5 it sure as hell isnt going to take the best part of a minute off its time. Thats laughable.