View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: WIP Tamiya Lotus Europa Special

An actual progress post from me!

The thing that I've been spending most of my time on, is the plumbing for the braking system as it is all very visible in the engine bay.
I also thought that because the chassis can be prepared and seperated from the body of the car, I could have a complete brake system.
Alas, as I went around laying bundy pipes here and there, I realised that the visible part of the Y frame in the rear of the car that is part of the model interior, should actually be the top part of the actual y frame.
This meant that I couldn't run complete lines around the chassis so I had to make a compromise and have a "cut-off" point.
Not that you could actually see any of it when the chassis and body are mated...

Anyway.
Unless you know the car, none of what I typed above will make any sense so here's what it looks like now.

The twin brake servoes partially plumbed.
The other two lines run into the Pressure Difference Warning that is attached to the chassis Y-Frame.

Brake lines to the front calipers have been added as well as two stubs representing the hoses to the radiators (that can be seen from underneath the car).
All I need to do here is give the brake line connecting hoses and securing brackets a little brush up with semi-gloss black and source/add a brake reservoir that sits next to the front left hub.
Not a very good pic...

Side of chassis.
Brake line to rear drums are done and I've still to add the hand-brake line.

Other side.
One brke line is done, one more to go.
The two lines sticking up are from the Pressure Difference Warning that run go into a 2 way before running to the front and connects to the reservior.

Front of engine.
Water hoses are added as well as the hose from thermostat/radiator to the Swirl Pot.

Another angle.
The little fuzzy silver thing is the Pressure Difference Warning.
Made from various bits of small diameter styrene circular and hex rods.

Slightly clearer shot.
PDW isn't fixed in place permantantly yet because I can only manoeuver the lines into position when body and chassis are mated.

Interior tub on chassis.
Getting a little busy in here.

After the brakes, it'll be the fuel connections then maybe, if I can find some suitable size wire for simulating some electrical connections, the visible bits of wiring in the rear.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote