View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #59
Wayne_KY
AF Newbie

Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

Last year about this time my 2005 Colorado (just short of 67000miles) started stalling. Didn't matter if I was on the interstate at speed or accelerating away from a stop sign in town, sometimes it would just sputter and quit. I took it to a shop (not a dealer) and they hooked up the computer for diagnosis. They told me it was fuel filter. Replaced. A couple weeks later the same thing started happening. This time they told me was fuel injectors. Actually showed me on the computer there was a clear miss on one of the cylinders. I had the fuel injectors cleaned and the computer replaced(they lost ability to read it) and they said all was well. When I went to pick it up and drove it out of the lot the same thing happened again. Mechanic came back out, lifted the hood, and stared for a bit before seeing a sensor (Mass Air Flow) that didn't seem to be fully connected. Reseated that and all has been well ever since.

Well...until a week or so ago when the engine light came back on and the stalling commenced again. I am not that comfortable taking the truck back to the mechanic from last year and honestly not sure WHERE to take the thing at this point. Is this a known issue? Anyone else suffering the same behavior? When it runs, it runs great and I have had no other issues with the vehicle. When it decides to stall, however, I can expect the same behavior until I park it and let it cool down completely (such as park it and try it again the next day).

Any assistance or information would be much appreciated.

--Wayne in Kentucky
Wayne_KY is offline   Reply With Quote