View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #18
tinboye
AF Newbie

Re: power door locks not working

Today i took my kids to school, when I parked, the doors did not unlock, or even try to unlock. only the drivers door unlocked. Looking at the wiring diagram for the vehicle. it looks like each actuator is independent, and are wired in series/parallel. but like you said it sounds like the bcm. I have read that the bcm MUST be changed by a dealership as the VIN is linked and then it has to be programmed. I have also found sites that sell the bcm core and package, core seems to be 50 bucks or so, and the entire package 200-300. Should I just bite the bullet and take it to a dealership? I was hoping this would be an easy fix and that i wouldnt have to drop 1k or more on this fix, I have already gotten the altenator replaced which I COULD not do myself because it required the engine block to be moved to change that out, there is a voltage regulator on the altenator which i read can effect things as well. so i had made sure that was changed out when they changed the altenator out. was almost 700 bucks to have that done. Other than those issues its been an excellent vehicle. Initially i forgot to mention that there has been issues, also intermitt with the A/C fan actuators opening up properly and for heating, wrong actuators opening. so air flow is directed incorrectly even though its set properly on the switches. This is another reason why i feel its the bcm. 1 other thing that i notice is when driving, the radio signal will cut in and out for a second.
tinboye is offline   Reply With Quote