View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 08:06 AM   #9
nuttin
AF Newbie

Re: "hotwire" fuel injectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
I've never needed to use one of those type aftermarket modules, but I have removed them from previous installations. Normally, with VATS/PassKey/Passlock issues it is easier to repair the problems. These bypass modules simply allow sending a signal to the PCM without a key present, allowing a remote start. This only eliminates the key RFID, the transponder ring (coil) at the ignition lock, and the wiring to/from the ignition lock and PK module.

The PassKey module is what sends a signal to the PCM to allow cranking and injector operation. It is likely that the module is not happy with the key signal, the PK module is damaged, or the wiring to the PCM is damaged. There is a very remote possibility that something happened in the PCM, but that is not very likely.
Is the passkey module the assembly in the steering column that the key fits into?
That signal wire is what I was hoping I could "hotwire" to get the engine started in an emergency. When this trouble happens, the security led is not lit but it seems that the starter relay and the injectors are are not receiving a signal to turn on. Is there any other module that shuts down the starter and the fuel injectors?
nuttin is offline   Reply With Quote