View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
flogtun
AF Newbie

Re: HELP!!! Weird Headlight Problem (01 Caravan)

I too have a 2001 Caravan SE. My headlight went out so changed the bulb but that didnt work. took it to the garage who stated it was the front control module. $450 just for the new part. My mechanic managed to run a bypass on the lights so I could still use them just not on High beam, which worked fine for 3-4 days. Then when driving home my lights suddenly started to dim briefly repeatedly, then my engine coughed.....about 10 mins later around 11pm in the middle of my sub division nearly home my horn started sounding like an alarm (I dont have a car alarm though) I turned the ignition off and took the keys out but I could not shut the horn off. Eventually i found the fuse/switch for it under the hood on drivers side (after searching using only the light from my cell phone lol). The next day i took it into the garage again and then could still not fix the problem and again said i need a new FCM. I was told by them i shopuld be able to pick one up online for about $100, so trying to look today. Last night on the way home at night my lights suddenly started to flash light a cop car and had to disconnect the battery overnight to shut them off. When i connected the battery this morning, it seemed to have reset the lights, but im sure in the next day or so the same would happen again. Am going to try to take the FCM off and clean and twist the connections as per previous thread. Hope this works for me. Im fed up with this blinking van now. Watch this space. Thnks to all for the suggestions prior to this thread.......... New member
flogtun is offline   Reply With Quote