View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #33
geofrog
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to geofrog Send a message via Yahoo to geofrog
Hi, I have a 94' however, i own the tbi model. I have in the past had the light come on for the EGR valve, took it off, cleaned it out good with carb cleaner, and along with the run that comes to the egr vavle, started the engine with the valve off, so that the engine will push the carbon out of the valve, it will rev load and high, just shut it down before it redlines. Put everything back together, and it last for about a year before having to do it again. To clear the light, it doesn't do any good to disconnect the battery, there is a switch underneath the dash board, remove the panel under the stearing wheel. Mine is to the left of the stearing colum. Flip the switch, and it will turn that light off. that will clear the code.

Hope this helps, i know when my egr valve is acting up, i lose power between 2000 and 3000 rpm, and it idles really slow, almost as if it is chocking. It is now starting to buck, but once i get past 3000 rpms it goes away, but i think i just need to clean the egr vavle again.

I hope this information help
Kris
geofrog is offline   Reply With Quote