View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 04:35 PM   #62
JeffreyGB
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JeffreyGB
Jump, there are only two things that you've said that I have any problem with. First, you are rich. You may not realize it, and you may not have always been rich (though I'm guessing that the poorer times are about middle class). From everything you've said, however, you are rich. There's nothing wrong with that. It simply is.

I have no problem believing you have a great job, nor do I take issue with your other methods of getting $$$. The truth, however, is that not everyone has the same opportunities you do. Hell, in a lot of inner city jobs people - adults even - aren't able to get a job at a McDonalds because McDonalds has slightly more afluent people applying (likely with slightly better qualifications - almost always from a better neighborhood). I'm not preaching this because it's affected me. It hasn't. My life has been somewhere inbetween that and the life you're living - though I will say that pretty much everything I've ever owned I have earned myself. I'm saying this simply to inform you that no, looking in the paper and finding a better job isn't all it would take for everyone. Even if qualified, many people wouldn't get hired for a better job, especially at a relatively young age.

I'm curious about how you got your job - not because I don't think you earned or deserve it, but simply because it would be remarkable for it to have little to do with your background, considering your age (and next to impossible [statistically speaking] for it to have nothing to do with it...hell, even the quality of attention and education you recieve in school has something to do with your background).

Anyway, congrats on getting the great car. In a few years I hope to have a silver convertible along the same lines.
JeffreyGB is offline   Reply With Quote