View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #71
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtdg19
You guys are really wrapped up in the handling of the GT500. I don't see how having a solid rear axle is such a downfall on the design. It has its strengths and its weaknesses in its design. It may be inferior if your putting it on a track, but not when its on the strip (as where most people will bring it).

I would compare the GTR with the type of cars that are more in its class for instance: the Z06, 997, 430, etc. Hell it may be totally different, but I guess it is just to early to really know what the GTR will pack. Call me biased, but I think the Z06 is going to blow them all away especially considering its base price being under 70k!
wow...thank you for confirming what i have been preaching this entire last 2 pages. jeez...

the solid axle is fine...but it is inferior when it comes to comparing it to $70k performance cars. ford is doing a dandy job of building the car to suit the public but they are not building it to beat a corvette around a track. they are building it to give a cheaper alternative for those wanting straight line performance. it is rather innovative and a very smart marketing move if you ask me and i think it will sell very well in the US market.

i thinkt eh mustang GT is a rather mistifying car myself...how ford has used and professionalized the solid axle for so long and so many times, that they can get it to compte with such cars as the 350Z with far superior technology. its either embarassing that ford has been using it that long or it is rather impressive that a company is able to to do this...

anyways, bottom line has been stated over and over: the GT500 will not beat or even come close to a Z06, 911 or the upcoming GTR around a track. in 1/4 mile performance we can have a comparison...in any other, the GT500 is not being built for it.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote