View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #63
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar D-Type
The new Mustang isn't a sports car like the 911, Z06, or the other cars in this thread, but it still is interesting that it has won four races in Grand-Am Cup against BMW M3s, Porsche 911s, Nissan 350Zs, and other cars. I know it doesn't handle as well as those cars and Ford might make a new GT350.

Which European Ford has better all around performance than the Ford GT?
yeah, i know it isnt a sports car like the 911, Z06, and soon to be GTR. thats EXACTLY what i was trying to convey to you and you went on a rave about how the mustang won 4 races in Grand-Am Cup, like that really matters.
...and when Ford might make a new GT350 we will have to discuss this but as it does not pertain to anything stated in this thread i find it quite idiotic to speak of it.

also, i was not inferring that the European cars are better than the GT...i was trying to show you that Ford dedicates its cars to selling, like any other car manufacturer. in Europe, they are not so set on 1/4mile performance...this is why ford makes different cars for them that actually have handling in mind while building the car. not an after thought...

it is the american economy that is so set on 1/4 mile performance and could care less about any other aspect of the car. so ford makes cars like the mustang for these people...they think about how well the car handles afterward. eventhough, the mustang is a good handling car for its price, throwing a larger motor in it will not make it compete with $70k sports cars around a track.

i dont even know what the problem is...you act as if i said that the mustang cant handle worth shit and the chevy aveo is on par with it. i simply stated that it cannot compete with the $70k sports cars listed above, which happen to be built for all around 'exotic, super car' like performance.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote