View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 AM   #45
Torch
AF Regular

Re: 1984 Sentra stalling...

No, not running yet but I am finally getting somewhere with it...

Talked to an independent import shop who (so far) has given me good advice in the past. He said that the rebuild kits don't always have accurately sized O-rings and gave me two brand new Nissan O-rings for the A/F solenoid. He also said to check the fuel level in the site glass and adjust the float if the level is too high.

Something else that I did not realize was a problem is that I accidentally left the pin out of the anti-diesel solenoid which I didn't think was going to be a problem because the electric fuel pump shuts off when the ignition is turned off and cannot have run-on, but he said that it causes an internal vacuum leak inside the carb. which may explain the hissing that I have been hearing.

I also disconnected the cat from the exhaust pipe so the engine is breathing into free air, but the engine is still running the same way.

The engine computer under the seat is NOT the one mentioned in all the manuals, I did figure out that it is the non-California computer, it has a little recessed ON/OFF switch and a red LED and a green LED, from what I remember the red light comes on and stays on and the green flashes once. This computer does not have the toggle switch that you can rotate back and forth, I also removed the circuit board from the engine computer, it looks fine nothing is burnt or even looks odd.

Distributor... not sure what it has internally, I think it has a pickup coil but I'm not sure.

I already cleaned out the carb, will be tearing it apart again if the gas level is too high.

Lots to do, more later...
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote