View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
sharp1
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to sharp1
Re: Conquest/Starion Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous5.0
Im looking at a Conquest (same thing as a starion) to use as a daily driver car and i was wondering if you could tell me wheather or not you would recommend it as one.

Id also like to eventualy get it to run 13's, and was wonderig how expencive would it be to make it that fast. I was thinking just a boost controller, exhaust, intake, all plumbing upgrades basicaly.

I was thinking about getting an eclipse but i have always liked the RWD starions/conquests and i happened to find a nice one in my city for only $500.

Thanks
Eric
These cars are OK daily drivers. Look out for cooling system problems. Getting this car to run 13's should'nt be too hard considering the TSI models come with a base horsepower of 188 wich in my opinion is a good start. If the car you're looking at is'nt a TSI model it could run you anywhere from $1500-$3000 for the turbo kit alone. For the modifications you mentioned however could run you up to $3000 total. Keep in mind that you may have to modify your drivetrain e.g. clutch, pressure plate, driveshaft and even suspension once you srart to make this heavy sport compact do 13's. I personaly recommend this car for racing over the eclipse but the eclipse may be a more practical daily driver.
sharp1 is offline   Reply With Quote