View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 01:50 AM   #32
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I think I better step in and clear up things.

There is 2 NSX in the next 3 years.

One is a face-lift version.

One is a totally re-design version.

Face-lift version uses current generation materials. It differs because of a stationary headlight instead of pop-up. The rear also have been modify as well. Rumors were a Type R version finishing off the model life. The blue one is just an photoshoped picture of the face-lift version. This version arrives for 2002.

Re-design version is going to be a new generation. There is a couple engine choices been dicuss so far. 3.5L V6 with i-VTEC tuned to pump out 395hp. 3.8L V6 with i-VTEC tuned to pump out 415hp. 4.0L V8 i-VTEC (mugen developed) tuned to pump out 400hp. There is also a possiblilty of IMA. Honda has said clearly it will not play catch up game. It will be out there to set the standards. So expect a lot of technology into the next NSX. The yellow one you see is artist drawing of possible next generation NSX. I have seen many variation of that picture. Some of them have been used by magazine in connection with Toyota's own supercar 4000/4500/5000GT. The expected arrival date is 2004 or 2005 for this new generation NSX.

hope this clears things up
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote