View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
swimshark
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark
Re: thinking about buying a J30-

wow sorry noone ever responded. so far i have owned 2 J30s and the reason why 2 is cause i totaled the other one in a wreck but it was still running strong. only things i have had to deal with is basic maintainance and timing belt every 105k which after i do the one on my 94 J30 which has 103k, i am going ot do it every 60k just to be safe. other than that my J30s never gave me any issues and i drove/drive them very hard yet no problems. for the 95 id check the records and keep in mind that in about 15k miles ur going to have to do a timing belt. if you can find a local shop they can do it for you for about $800 or so. one first J30 i had a shop do it for $800 and it then got wrecked 2k miles later yet it ran awesome. this timing belt job i am going to do it myself. i bought a kit for a 300zx na for about $500 and am going to put it on myself.
in other words, id say the J30 is a great relaible car. luxurious and power for a good sedan. since they are old and infiniti likes to charge alot, id see if you can learn how to do stuff on the car yourself. if u dont find the right shops you can get charged alot for something so simple. infiniti of Gwinnett wanted to charge me $1700 for a timing belt job. i laughed and promptly said no.

My Car! Check it out.
swimshark is offline   Reply With Quote