View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
MrWangan
AF Newbie

Question New to the forum but not to building!

I just want to start off by saying hello to everyone here on the forums. Im new but not really, ive always came to this site for its wealth of great information and tutorial's, but this is my first time registering and posting! I have a question for you guys who swap wheels on your builds. Now I am by no means new to swapping wheels on my builds, but I almost exclusively build Fujimi/Tamiya/Aoshima kits. I dont build american cars except for the cars i get from birthdays ect where someone doesnt know what to get me lol. I do have a few US cars in my stash and a couple of WIPs that are US. So I am building two different kits, one iisa Tamiya 325i BMW 4 door which Ive heard is a reboxed Revell kit using the Sarto Racing/Rocket Bunny transkit from Eightyone81 , and I am building a Revell Audi R8 kit, the Audi R8 is built using a Liberty Walk R8 transkit from Eightyone81 as wekk. Im stuck on swapping the wheels on the R8 as it has the wheel front/brake disk/wheel back setup. The BMW kit had the wheel face/piece to allow the wheel to spin/wheel back. It reminds me of older Revell and AMT kits from my childhood. I have an extensive collection of Fujimi,Aoshima,Hobby Design wheels and I want to use a set but of course I cant for the life of me figure out how to put the round peg in a square hole so to speak. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.