View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Ne0z
AF Newbie

Exclamation HELP: Sudden Cylinder 1 & 4 Misfire

So this may have been happening for a while and I wouldn't know because my fiance has been driving my 04 Scion xA and being female has the music cranked all the way up oblivious to car issues and sounds. Anyhow, the car has had a check engine light on forever P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) which is a common problem with these cars and is pretty much impossible to fix once it starts happening (people have replaced the cat, both O2 Sensors, etc with no effect).

Well today on my way home from the bar I was taking a turn around 20mph or so and had down-shifted obviously and the car started sounding like a Subaru. So I get it home and it pulls P0301 and P0304 (cyl 1 and 4 misfire codes).. This only seems to happen when the car is turning and accelerating at the same time and then smooths back out once straight again. The car has never done this before that I have noticed. There is no oil anywhere that it shouldn't be. Also going from Bloomington to Burnsville Twice today (about a 20 minute drive) went through almost a half tank of gas.

I can give any more information anyone may need.

Also, I did try swapping around Spark plugs and Coil packs and I get the same results.

Curious if this could be a maf issues as I may have picked up some water in a rather large puddle I went through and could have gotten in my CAI (although it does have one of those filters to prevent it from getting that far)
Ne0z is offline   Reply With Quote