View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
gipper51
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Just got an 01 GTP...anything I should look for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaylor3400
Welcome to the forum.

With the low mileage it will be hard to tell until you accumulate some more miles. But it sounds solid. Just keep up with preventive maintenance.

As soon as you get a chance get the supercharger oil replaced because it will help extend the life of the SC and you have no records showing that it was performed. Dealers only check the level.

Also keep an eye out for any possible misfires or SES light later on because the 2001 - 2002 Grand Prixs including GTP have possible issues with the CAT convertor. GM had to extend the CAT emissions part of the warranty to 10 years or 120K miles, whichever comes first. A lot of 2001 - 2002 GP owners on the forum had flaky CAT convertors.

You should have no problems switching over to Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. After you do just keep a close eye on any possible seepage, if any, out of the engine seals and valve cover gaskets. You should be good to go.

Thanks for the info. I will change the supercharger oil as suggested, something I wouldn't have thought of. I'm going to do the usual recommend 'new' used car stuff and have the tranny fluid/filter changed and consider a radiator flush. I'm just hoping the maintenance and mechanical condition match the body/interior shape. If they do it should have been a well-cared for vehicle.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote