View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
crazy4campin
AF Newbie

E350 Brake Trouble

Could Use a little help. I have a 1996 Ford E350 Club Wagon, and just replaced the brakes for the second time in 5000 miles. The first time I replaced the Pads, rotors, calipers and wheel bearings in the front. Then replaced the drums and shoes in the rear. I noticed the van seemed to be dragging and found my left rear wheel to be hung up. I adjusted the rear wheel adjuster and it seemed ok. Then the front left wheel started squealing while driving and braking. This past weekend I had both rotors and drums turned, and found the front wheel bearings appeared to be burnt. I replaced the wheel bearings and put it all back together. It seemed to drive fine on the way into work, but coming home it would pull to the right one time and then the left another and sometimes brake straight. Then just before getting home the left front wheel started squeaking again. I jacked up the front when I got home and found the front wheels turned but not freely. Can anyone give me any ideas as what to check next? I’m thinking I have a bad master cylinder but am not sure how I can be certain. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Ed
crazy4campin is offline   Reply With Quote